Say “I do” with a backdrop of nature! The Nature Island of Dominica is one of the most exotic and romantic escapes in the Caribbean. Wedding locations range from the top of one of our lush green mountains, alongside the crystal clear waters of a towering waterfall, or one of our fresh water lakes or the stunning Botanical Gardens.
Book your Romantic Wedding & Honeymoon package through a hotel of your choice or enlist the assistance of a wedding consultant to ensure your wedding & honeymoon is hassle-free. Dominica has an abundance of indoor and outdoor venues to host your dream wedding!
Applying for a marriage license in Dominica is easy!
The following documents should accompany the completed marriage application form:
- A certified copy of the Birth Certificate from each applicant.
- If married before, Decree of Divorce or Death Certificate of former spouse must be produced.
- One passport-sized photo of each applicant.
- Deed Poll if name changes.
- Evidence of consent if one of the applicants is below 18.
- A non-marriage certificate must be presented to ensure that applicants have never been married.
- EC$7.50 Postage Stamp.
The completed marriage application form (Form G) must be signed by both parties and witnessed by a Magistrate, a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public, Commissioner of Oaths or Registrar. The Magistrate may be contacted at (767) 266-3410. Present completed Form G and supporting documents to the Ministry of Labor. One of the under listed officers will be available to assist you:
- Assistant Secretary
- Minister’s Secretary
- Permanent Secretary’s Secretary
After the documents have been reviewed, please pay the relevant fees at the Accounts Section.
The following fees shall apply for a Marriage License:
Two-day Residency: EC$300 (US $110)
Non-Residency: EC $ 500 (US $185)
Weekend/ Holiday Fee: EC$504 (US$185) (Marriage License Fee of EC$300 plus EC$204) to facilitate the weekend or holiday wedding.
For more information, please contact:
Ministry of Labor
3rd Floor – Government Headquarters
Tel: (767) 266-3294